Welcome to the 5th annual AIA Silicon Valley Home Tours, featuring exceptionally-designed residences located within the Silicon Valley. Our tour has become a showcase home tour to attend with 2018’s record attendance of 270+ tour goers and outstanding media exposure for each of our homes featured. This is a unique opportunity for you, as a residential architect, to showcase your unique designs and demonstrate how an architect can provide homeowners with a high level of creative and personal solutions. This is an excellent venue to provide the community with insight from an architect’s point of view, see housing trends, to inspire, and be inspired.
Call for Submissions
Due January 18, 2019, 5:00 PM
Download the Submission Guidelines with the required Homeowner Consent Form + Sample Homeowner Letter
Home Tours date: May 4, 2019
Architects Forum-Chapter Meeting: April 17, 2019
The selection criteria will include (and are not be limited to):
• Completed application
• Unique design solutions, quality of craftsmanship, innovative use of materials. Sustainable design is not a requirement although it is considered a substantial or significant advantage.
• Homes will be substantially complete and furnished by March 2019. Preference will be given to houses that are furnished, occupied, and landscaped by the date of submission.
• Logical feasibility for tour, including (and not limited to):
- Access to project location. Priority for projects within the Santa Clara County, however residences that fall outside the boundary lines will be considered.
- Circulation route (how the public will navigate through the space)
- Available parking
- Location in relation to the other homes on the tour
- Signed Owner Agreement
The Home Tours Committee will review the submissions and will visit homes over a one to two day period within two weeks from the close of submissions to determine the recommendations for the Home Tours. These recommendations will be presented to the AIA Silicon Valley Executive Committee for final approval.
*IMPORTANT 2019 DATES:
Application Deadline: Jan 18 by 5:00 PM
Project Site Visits: Jan 26 - Feb 9
Notification of selected architects: Feb 15
Mandatory in-person architect meeting: March 8, Noon
Final architect virtual meeting: Late April
Volunteer docent training: Late April
Architects’ Forum Chapter Meeting: April 17
Home Tours: May 4, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
* NOTE: All dates/times are subject to change and will be in coordination with the architects and homeowners. Additional dates/times may be added as needed. Participants will be notified by email. Timeline to successfully prepare for our Home Tours depends on everyone’s cooperation and participation. If you do not believe you have the resources to assist in marketing and promoting your home, if chosen, please consider not submitting. It takes a village!